So, I’m planning to make my own RODI water and then mix into saltwater. I have space in the garage next to a tap so it’ll live there and I have some shelving that may hold the storage tanks too. I only have a Reefer Nano which has a total volume of 105 litres. I’m new to marine (had the Nano just over a year now) so RODI systems and mixing saltwater is all new to me. I’ve done a bit of research and this is what I plan to get so far:-
RODI system - https://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/Ultra%252dPure-4-Stage-150-Gallon-Per-Day-RO-System.html
I was going to get 75 gpd but would like to get a second and larger aquarium in the future plus it’s only £35 more for the 150gdp model.
TDS meter - https://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/HM-Digital-TRM%252d1%3A-Triple-Inline-TDS-Monitor.html
I figure the triple reading will let me see what going in and that a zero reading is be8ng produced and the third reading will let me know which filter needs changing when I no longer get a zero reading.
Storage - https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/water-tanks/water-storage-tanks/10-50-litre-water-tanks/25-litre-water-tank-with-handles.html
I plan to get two of these, one for RODI and the other for salt. They come with or without the outlet which is brass and I believe this is no good for the salt water.
Auto shut off - https://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/Auto-Shutoff-Kit-with-Float-Valve.html
Can anybody help with he following questions please?
- Do I just get both storage tanks without the outlet and drill myself?
- What parts do I need and where do I get them from to connect the starge tanks so I can pump RODI to the salt tank and also be able to fill a container from either the RODI tank or the salt tank?
- What parts do I need to insert the tube from the RODI system into the RODI storage tank? I’m trying to keep this sealed so taking the tank lid off and just putting the tube in won’t do.
- I want to put a heater and pump into the salt tank but how do I do this whilst keeping the system sealed and which pump would be suitable?
- Should I just have one storage tank for the RODI and then drain this into a mixing bucket on water change day and use a pump and heater in the mixing bucket? If so, which pump and heater and where do I get a mixing bucket from?
- If I just get a storage tank for RODI, should I get a larger one, say, 100 litres, so I have enough for a complete water change should something go wrong?
Thanks for any advice you can give.