Things have been really busy with the house move and now the kids are off school for the summer , the tank has been running for a few weeks now and all my hard work killing off aiptaisia seems to have been a bit of a waste as they're back again in just as many if not more than before . I really have my doubts about the ability of the products sold to truly kill these off so it will be aip eating nudi's added shortly .
During the move I lost nearly all my SPS and several more sensitive LPS , a few smaller fish and PB tang .
I've also found my control valve on the Syphon had been leaking past the o ring on the flanged connection and had been dripping out with the sump onto the carpet 🙄 , I've managed to get around this simply turning the valve around which allows it to now drip into the sump at the moment until I get a new o ring . This has ment that the tank has been losing salt water for a few weeks which has been replaced with RO dropping the salinity rather low , I've since managed to bring this back up .
Last weekend the tank tested up fine so I've started to add some more new coral and fish , a few SPS frags , hysterix's and guttatus , a couple of LPS , purple hammer and a torch and a red sea blue tang which all seem to have settled fine . The tank has been completely re-scaped with the rocks set out different to my previous scape . I've been slowly cleaning and re adding my previous existing sand , I've went down this route to avoid having to start again removing any Po4 from new sand . It's a bit tedious cleaning it a handful at a time but I'm doing this over a bit of time so that the skimmer can remove anything left after each bit added back . @Paddone
I've two out of the three types of acans left , they have been growing very well throughout the move ( strangely ) with each having around a dozen heads . My candy canes have also had quite a growth spurt splitting into new heads quicker than they were previously .
I'll add some pics later today once the lights are on and up 😀