There, that's my boardroom bingo done.
Anyway, I was just about to do some replying to the helpful hints I've been given about my clown-popeye, when I decided to do some testing on the silicates (some of you may remember my post in the thread about best de-nitrate product sarted by DUSTYBOY).
I had it would appear a LOT of silicates, and I'd narrowed it down to the caribsea sand in the DT, and when I'd tested it ,it was very high and the sump with the LED grow light facing the chaeto had developed a very quickly growing dusting of diatom algae, in fact, my maxspect blocks were in danger of becoming overwhelmed withit.
So, I'd knicked a pop sock off the Doris, put a smallish amount of Seachem Phosguard in it a few days ago, and stuck it on the return pump.
This morning, on said way to forum, I looked into the sump and saw my maxspect blocks seemed to have alopecia, the brown diatoms had disappeared in places after having given the blocks a dark coating by the night before.
You can see in the pic how dark some areas still are on the blocks.
So I tested the DT water for silicates, retested, retested again, and then tested a fourth time (tap water this last time) cos I thought the test kit was wrong.
But no, there were no readable results of silicates, in just a few days!
Now I don't know if this was the Phosguard, or the chaeto, or a mixture of both, but results were brilliant.
I'm guessing the chaeto played a large part because the nitrates had halved since I goit back from hols to about 12.5-15ppm